Acronix is a powerless Elemental Master of Time. He is one of the Time Twins and the younger twin brother of Krux. Once a proud Elemental Master who helped win the Serpentine War, Acronix and his brother betrayed the Elemental Masters due to them believing that their element was the strongest. In response, their former allies forged a set of weapons that absorbed the twins' elements. Acronix and Krux were lost to the Temporal Vortex, but Krux managed to escape.
For forty years, Acronix remained in the vortex, and didn't age during that time. Upon his return at the Monastery of Spinitzu, he was confronted by Wu, who had been waiting for him. Acronix was swiftly beaten by Wu, but by using the Forward Time Blade, Wu began to rapidly age. Acronix reunited with his brother, who had breeded an army of Vermillion snakes. After capturing Cyrus Borg, they began building a time-traveling weapon, the Iron Doom, so they can travel into the past and give themselves a better future. Despite his brother's animosity towards technology, Acronix greatly enjoyed it; the siblings disagreed constantly, but nevertheless strived towards their goal together.
Without a master to guide them, the Ninja fought against Acronix and Krux numerous times, but were unable to gain the upper hand. Ultimately, the Iron Doom was completed, and Acronix traveled back in time to defeat the original Elemental Masters. Kai and Nya made a final effort to thwart their plans by aiding the Elemental Masters. When the Iron Doom tried traveling into the future, Wu removed the Reversal Time Blade from the weapon—causing it to spiral out of control. Though Kai and Nya escaped, Acronix was lost in the Time Vortex along with his brother and their former ally.
Forty years prior to the events of Season 7, Acronix and his brother Krux were the original Elemental Masters of Time. While Krux could go back in Time and pause Time, Acronix could go forward in Time and slow down Time. Although Acronix used these powers to great advantage, he was still a very skilled warrior without them.
After the Serpentine were defeated by the Elemental Alliance, Acronix and Krux, knowing that they were more powerful than the other Elemental Masters, decided to betray the alliance and use their powers to control all of Ninjago. The other Elemental Masters fought against Acronix and Krux, but the two proved too powerful. With the Time Blades forged by Ray and Maya, Wu and Garmadon fought a lengthy battle against the Time Twins at the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Eventually, Wu and Garmadon used the Time Blades to absorb Acronix and Krux's elemental powers, rendering them normal men.
Knowing that the power to control time was dangerous, Wu and Garmadon used the Time Blades to open a Vortex that would leave the Time Blades lost forever. However, Acronix and Krux decided to go through the Vortex themselves, which left the two "lost to time." Acronix would be lost in the Time Vortex for the next forty years. However, unbeknownst to Acronix, Krux was somehow immediately teleported back to Ninjago and experienced a vision of the future foretelling of Acronix's return.
Prior to Sons of Garmadon Edit
Acronix and his older brother presumably continued to battle their nemesis before they were defeated by him. It is assumed the Iron Doom was destroyed along with the time blades, while Wu managed to somehow escape the Temporal Vortex, though it is unknown what became of the Time Twins.
Ninjago.com Description Edit
Because Acronix was carried off inside the Time Vortex, the past 40 years have gone by for him in the blink of an eye. So while his brother Krux aged in real time over the four decades, Acronix looks just the same as when he disappeared. As an Elemental Master of Time, Acronix could manipulate time forward, both with great speed or in slow motion. Although Wu and Garmadon stripped him of those powers, he remained a tactical fighter who Wu described as one of the best he’s ever seen. Acronix’s skill with any weapon can lead him to be overconfident at times, and he will throw himself into a fight like a blunt object with little concern for the consequences… mostly because he’s sure there’s no way he could ever lose! Acronix loves all the technology and gadgetry he never experienced because he missed the last 40 years. His favorite is the BorgWatch.
Acronix is very excitable person as he is fascinated by the uses of modern technology. While he may give off a clueless air, he is a very skilled warrior and lives to fight all the time. He is quite ruthless as he didn't hesitate to batter Wu and insult him for being an old man since he last saw him.
It appears Krux is the only person he cares about as he went to visit him and reconnected with him by hugging him in their reunion. He also ceased his battle with Wu and quickly went to his brother's aid when Nya and Kaioverwhelmed him in combat.
- Like Lloyd, Acronix's hair piece was originally used for a Star Wars character, as a brown version was first released with Qui-Gon Jinn.
- His outfit and armor is much brighter vivid than his brother's due to being in a Temporal Vortex for forty years.
- Acronix and his brother are named after a digital file sharing software used for processing the show. Acronix is named after Acronis.
- Acronix and Krux were originally meant to be one character, named "Kronos."
- Acronix is chronologically three minutes younger than Krux, though after being lost in time, he is now biologically forty years younger than his brother.
- Krux suggests Acronix has a crush on Commander Machia in "A Line in the Sand"; Acronix admits she is cute on the surface, but deep down is a pile of snakes.
- While Krux is old and loathes modern life, Acronix is young and very fascinated by all of Ninjago's advancements in technology.
- Before having his powers drained by Wu and Garmadon, Acronix was able to fast forward and slow down the flow of time.
- Acronix's favorite piece of technology is the BorgWatch.
- Acronix appears alongside his brother as a boss in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame in "The Dark Swamp" training dojo and can be unlocked as a playable character if the player achieves gold medal status in said dojo, which requires the player to accumulate at least 90,000 studs.
- In the game, despite being depowered, Acronix can use his forward abilities as a playable character.